Monday, May 25, 2009

Party Crafts!

 The party was a huge success. The guest list was small so I thought it would be fun to make hats that I saw on Martha Stewart.com
 I simplified the instructions because they were a bit too involved.

 First trace 2 circles using a 10 inch plate. I used 12 x 12 white scrapbook paper.


Overlay the two circles about a third of the way.  The instructions say to attach using white glue which I tried and it was a mess. I ended up using double sided tape. After the two pieces were attached I stamped "30" on the front in black. Now you can form it into a cone and adhere.

The end result turned out pretty cute!

 For party favors I got white boxes from the Paper Source.

(They are the same color as the envelopes used to mail the invites.) First I stamped the 30 on the top then filled with toffee covered peanuts, a favorite among family members.

I had wallet sized pictures made, placed them on top of the box and tied it all together with a black satin ribbon.
I think it's a nice touch to have your guests leave with a tangible memory from the party. A smaller guest list will keep the making and cost of favors down.

And the Toppers looked great on top of my sister's homemade cheesecake with ginger snap crust.

3 comments:

  1. Id love to see a picture of your parents wearing those hats. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog! I'm a paper addict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE STEVE CAKE TOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long did it take you and how can you custom make these?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails