Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crown & Crumpet-San Francisco Ghirardelli Square

I had the most fun at Crown and Crumpet. I got to do all of my favorite things- eat, talk and shop!
We had a reservation at 11 for afternoon tea. It is the perfect setting to sit and catch up with friends and family.
Since there were four of us, we got two orders of "tea for two." Each order came with:
-two large pots of tea (with endless hot water refills)
-three warm homemade scones with clotted cream
-two toasted crumpets with butter
-jam and lemon curd
-an assortment of eight tea sandwiches
-and a beautiful selection of pastries.
The four teas we tried were: sakramo, organic English breakfast, earl grey, and my favorite: Paris. Paris is infused "with tidbits of bergamot and vanilla" and it is so delicious!
Just being in the space makes you want to spend all day there, then the food comes and you'll never want to leave.
Enough! I know what you want...

Shrimp salad, egg salad, asparagus and cream cheese, cucumber and cream cheese and salmon sandwiches.


I was almost afraid to touch this, I didn't want to mess it up.

See? They are too pretty.


This place is too good to be true- this is just a peek at their great selection of candy.


Also available in travel size.

And attached to the dining area is the sweetest little shop. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was going to be trouble...

Cupcake candles! Delicious


Stamps shaped like cakes and cupcakes- a dream come true.



You'd think I'd get sick of cupcake shaped things but I just never do.


A very fun sticker letter set.


Parisian glass.


Crown & Crumpet's signature line; including a teapot, creamer, sugar bowl and tea cup.

Pastel+ gold rimmed= amazing set of tea cups and saucers.


A larger version.


and miniature pitchers- These are about an inch high.

I think it would be so fun to have a party here. Absolutely a great place to visit, even if you can't stay for tea. Be sure to say hello to Amy (one of the owners) she is a treat to talk to!
Looking at the website made me so excited to go and its 100 times better!

207 Ghirardelli Square
415.771.4252

Hours:
Monday-Thursday 10pm-6pm
Friday 10am-9pm
Saturday 9am-9pm
Sunday 9am- 6pm

Breakfast served from 10am-12pm
Lunch served from 11am-2pm
Afternoon Tea served from 11am-5:15pm
Evening Menu Friday & Saturday 6pm-9pm

all photos by paper pastries


7 comments:

  1. You should write reviews on yelp.com and put the link to your blog on your reviews!!!! I love yelp.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are fantastic! I want all of these to be my computer wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for your pictures! I have not been able to visit yet as we live across the country, but I am just dying to go! Everything looks so yummy!! And the shop.....hmmmmm! Such lovely things!

    Wishing you a wonderful day!

    Betty
    The Gossamer Tearoom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got so excited about the Crown and Crumpet pictures that I forgot to mention how much I love your blog!!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this blog! I was there in March, and FELL IN LOVE!!! The food was divine, and I too went crazy in the shop. I have sadly run out of the Paris tea, and cannot seem to find a comparable one here in Toronto. It is almost worth flying back for. I wish I could order it and have them ship it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter found this and put it on her blog, thought I would check it
    out. I LOVE it, would certainly be a place to visit when in area. It looks
    even more exciting than the TEA ROOM we visited Sadona Arizonia a year
    ago April. Dyane August 22, 2009

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails