Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend fun!


What is it about Sundays that makes a person want to organize? I started this project on Sunday, but did not finish it until Monday. Running a craft business from home, I tend to have a lot of supplies- all over the house. Maybe a person, say a boyfriend, might constantly be bothered by this. So you come up with a solution to both problems! I need my supplies to be organized and he doesn't want my supplies on the dining room table. We measured this space and it perfectly fit 9 sets of these Helmer drawers from IKEA. Unfortunately, this wasn't an option. That was the easy part. The hard part was figuring out what to put where! When that was all done, the last task was labeling the drawers. I finally have a place for everything!
Starting from the right, I have my most used items. "To send" is where I put letters I'm working on, little gifts I've been collecting and my address book. No bills! This is a fun only drawer. Bills + other boring stuff belong on the desk- which is not my territory. On top is where my scanner resides.
On the left I have my stock of greeting cards + stationery (not my line, but cards I've bought) and on the right are all Paper Pastries line stamps and supplies. One day I will fill up a whole set with PP stamps! The boxes on top hold 12 x 12 scrap booking paper and other items that don't fit in the drawers.

I will have them memorized in no time.

I am pretty pleased that my cameras finally have a place of their own and next time I need film developed I won't be scrambling around "I know I have one more roll-somewhere!" On top- personal stationery sample book, ribbon box and file drawers. The file drawers are from Target and are where I keep all my receipts and orders organized.

3 comments:

  1. cute! i am no where NEAR that organized... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so great! Man, I love that font. You decided not to have pictures?
    I am not organized at all! All I have is one box. This has inspired me to get organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant. As soon as I saw it I thought - Photo polymer plates! I am always sifting through a large un-organized pile of plates right before I'm going on press. BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails