Thursday, February 4, 2010

Special Edition Sewn Valentines

I wanted to take the sewing 101 class at Home Ec so I could learn on paper. After lots of practice my lines got a lot straighter! I tried two different designs for these limited edition Valentines.

The heart is punched out of pink cardstock, and sealed underneath a scalloped square of parchment paper.
The square is sewn to the card with red thread.

I tried this on light blue and pink.

This design made the machine freak out! I got 4 of these before I had to stop because the thread kept getting tangled. What was I doing wrong?

I can't resist hearts! Each of these limited editions come with an envelope with a stamped heart on the back flap.

All these can be found in the "love" section of my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails