Friday, April 30, 2010

Paper Pastries @ Unique LA spring show

Most of my pre show prep was spent making the canvas "air mail" backdrop- I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I wanted people to see from far away that this was a stationery booth, I think it did it's job.
A new addition to my booth is the "custom table" which has the address stamps and samples of calligraphy and invitations. It was a hit! People really liked the sit down consultation and being able to see examples of my work. My only regret is not doing this sooner. It might be hard to work into future set ups, but in my corner booth it fit perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a better spot!
Another new addition is the pencil board. I attached all of the sets with little bits of velcro and hung it from the bar above the booth. I'm constantly looking for ways to improve the booth, not only for my customers, but also for the paper pastries team- it's tough to have to readjust the pencil display throughout the day. Problem solved!

I added ribbon to canvas to create this custom board. Samples of calligraphy, invites, moving announcements, and personal stationery are attached with mini clothespins.
I decorated the column in the corner of my booth with a postal theme- airmail envelops and paper mail boxes.
To finish it off, I added paper cutouts of my logo to each side.
The center of my table was inaccessible so I made a display of mailboxes and pp postcards.
The stamping station is back! 
Hand written signs are going to play a big role in my next booth.
All the business info is on the back of the postcard- so it serves as an advertisement/business card.
This is Hope, she loved the stamp station. I asked if I could take a photo with her and her postcard and she obliged. I told her how pretty she was and that she was a great model.

As soon as I said "model" I got this pose- amazing!
Some happy customers.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hello! I really enjoyed meeting you and appreciate that you read my blog and come to my shows. Thanks to all of you, Unique LA was my best show to date!
2 more giveaways are coming tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, your booth looks amazing. I love how you've adapted everything to make the most of your space and get people to the booth and make it the best experience possible... you seem to have perfected it! ;)

    Also, the mailboxes are just perfect, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps, I forgot to say that the airmail backdrop also looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you used the column in your booth. You could see it from aisles away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. Wish I could visit in person. I hope my postcard has arrived!

    That little girl is such a poser! How fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if i went to a stationery show i think i would have a heart attack and die from excitement. I Love stationery!! That place looks like a dream :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails