Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Let there be

LIGHT is our current theme for photo club. The meeting is this Monday (the 19th) and I don't have any photos yet. It's not that I haven't tried, I just am not in love with how my attempts turned out. My first photo teacher taught me not to present anything that I don't love, if you do, it just sounds like you're fishing for compliments. For example, a typical excuse: "I don't really like this picture but I didn't have anything else so I thought I'd show this." A typical response: "its so great! what are you talking about?"  It just wastes everyone's time. Show only what you love! It is my goal this weekend to take "light" photos that I am in love with. Wish me luck :)  In the meantime, I searched flickr for some inspiring "light" shots. Here are my favorites:












photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

3 comments:

  1. Love the coffee in the window shot, looks like a perfect morning. Good luck with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lantern and coffee shot are gorgeous - I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for - sometimes it just takes a bit of perseverance and little bit of creative madness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what your teacher told you. Those were words of a wise person <3

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails