Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Don't you just hate it when you feel great one day but the next you're 10 times worse than you ever were?  That's what happened to me. I have a lot of photos to edit before I can share what I did on the weekend but here's a glimpse. Above, the LA bike group (I'm sure they have a name, wolf pack or something like that) ride together the last Friday of every month. They take the subway to wilshire/western and ride south down Western. They make a lot of noise and while I was getting ready to go out to dinner, I heard them. There's also a lot of honking, they stop traffic for a good 30 minutes. It's crazy to see so many bikes in LA!
Friday night was Tony's birthday celebration dinner with all his friends. We went to the boiling shrimp, where you order seafood by the pound in buckets, then you just eat it on the table. There was a lot of juices and parts flying around, I didn't want to subject my camera to it, if you like seafood, definitely a fun place! On the way home we stopped by the urban light exhibit in front of LACMA. I have always wanted to see it up close, its street lamps from different eras. I needed to take a photo of it for a project I'm in the middle of that I'll share soon.
Sunday was unbearably hot so we stayed inside all day. At night we went to see the Town, which didn't have enough Blake Lively in it for my tastes but still exciting. There was an exhibit of vintage concert posters up, and this was my favorite one. I'd hang this in my house! "Liza with a z not Lisa with an s."
I am going to take aspirin then curl up on the couch. I have to get better! I leave for my trip tomorrow and would rather not spend 5 hours on a plane feeling miserable.


  1. a restaurant that serves seafood by the pound is my kind of place. :)

    a nap always helps me out, too -- especially when i feel overwhelmed. i hope you feel better soon, Margaret!

    bon voyage!



Related Posts with Thumbnails