Thursday, September 16, 2010

A visit to the Mission

I'll take any excuse to visit San Francisco, it's my favorite city to spend a weekend in.  While in town for Renegade SF I paid a visit to Derek + Lauren at the Curiosity Shoppe.  It's always fun to hear what they've been up to and see what new items they have in store.  On this visit I learned they met and have been together since they were freshman at UC Santa Cruz! They told me about all the glamourous places they've lived together, studying abroad in Venice their junior year, moving to New York City after graduating, then moving back to northern California to open the shop together.
Their bulletin board is always changing. I love inspiration boards, someone should make a book out of the most interesting ones.
The back corner of the shop is dedicated to the exhibit of the month, when I was visiting it showcased Forage Bow Ties.
They always have the most interesting jewelry, I am mesmerized by the center pair of earrings.
Derek tuned up his ukulele and played a little tune.
I'm still obsessed with this card catalog and all the trinkets it holds.
Objects of interest from Something's hiding in here.
Peg board curiosities.






Visit the shop in person:
855 Valencia St
San Francisco CA 94110
Store hours: tues-sat 12-7, sun 12-6, closed mondays.
Also check out their blog, and the new book, Crafting a Meaningful Home, where they contribute a great project to do with a loved one.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a shop full of wonderful things. i'm bookmarking this for my next trip to sf.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails