Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Movin' on up

Sorry for the late post today- I've been moving! After months of searching I have finally found a new place for Paper Pastries to call home. The business has been expanding rapidly the past few months and it has outgrown my "home office." Last week I signed a lease for a studio. This place may not look like much, but it's already a vast improvement from when I first saw it. It was divided into three little rooms, the walls were a dingy color and it had stained carpet. First things first, the small rooms were ripped out. I left one to use as a closet. Next, I had the carpet removed and a nice wood floor put in. I think it really brightens up the room, don't you? Finally, the wall was painted "Cool December." Yesterday I packed up most of the product and today we moved a load in. Since I haven't picked out tables or chairs I'm still going to have to work from home this week. Hopefully, this weekend I can find some furniture, I need work tables and good sturdy chairs. Also, I am going to be able to set up a proper consultation area for custom design meetings, no more Coffee Bean or Starbucks!  Plus I am so excited about decorating! My head is spinning with everything my studio needs, I have about 60 lists floating around inside my purse. The location is perfect because it's between my apartment and downtown, only 3 subway stops away. Thanks for being understanding, and sorry for the tardiness ;)


  1. I love the studio! I can't wait to see it all dressed up! I love that theres so much light coming in :) CONGRATS!

  2. wow -- congratulations, Margaret! i can hardly wait to see your studio all dolled up.



Related Posts with Thumbnails