Friday, November 5, 2010

Overdue

All throughout elementary, middle and high school I was an avid reader. Maybe it was the "book it" program that started it all but no matter where I was, you could always find me with a book. I read pretty much anything I could get my hands on, anything by Judy Blume became an instant favorite. Yes, I loved "Are you there God? It's me Margaret" I never knew of another girl named Margaret, and I didn't have any Jewish friends. I was fascinated. We took weekly trips to the library, and re-read our favorites over and over. I was always so jealous that my sister could read during car trips, it always made me nauseous to do anything other than stare out the window. When I got to college, there was so much required reading, and though I did enjoy many of the novels that were assigned, they weren't what I would normally pick up. I can't remember the last book I read. I've started many but they have not kept my interest. I always thought there is too many good books out there to force yourself through something you don't like. I have picked up a few crafty books, but not any serious reading. So probably for three years, I have not read a novel all the way through. Ridiculous I know.
 
That's why I'm so happy that my little cousins are such bookworms. They are both doing really well in school and I am so proud of them. This is an old picture of them, but one of my favorites. Hector is now 6 and Veronica is 11.
Last February we all made Valentine's together. Everytime we opened up another ink pad, Hector would close the last one, worried that it would dry up. Why can't I be more like him? They really enjoyed rubber stamping, so I wanted to make them a custom stamp of their own.
I asked them their favorite authors, and they didn't hesitate.  I thought this would add a personal touch, besides their name, that would really show this stamp was made just for them.
Hector said "Definitely Mary Pope Osbourne, Shel Silverstein, and Dr. Seuss." Adorable.
I made a second version, which has titles that everyone owns. This works if the person's favorite authors are always changing.
This is the most personal product in my line, inspired by my cousins but dedicated to my sister. Without her, I would never had access to racy Christopher Pike novels. Thanks Katie!
Enter "blume" for 15% off everything in the shop, including the new "this book belongs to" custom stamp.
This offer is good from November 5th to Friday November 12th. 

* Any book recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. I love reading! And I love my books also! So much so that the first thing I do after a book shopping spree is write my name on it, along with the date. Love your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet gift! I adore the design...

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails