Monday, November 8, 2010

Pen Pal

As you can probably guess, the holidays are a crazy time for Paper Pastries. Between keeping stock up for online orders and shops, planning out of town visits, and running the clubs it's easy to become overwhelmed. It is so nice to sit with a cub of tea and read a letter from a friend. I was so pleased to find a letter from my Australian pen pal, Sophie, in my mailbox. She always does such a great job decorating her envelopes to me.
This is my return letter to Sophie. Christine taught me that you don't have to put postage up in the right hand corner so it adds a bit of fun to the front. Sorry for poor quality of photo, its taken with a phone.
Even the back of her envelopes are decorated. I really appreciate all the effort she puts in to her letters.
Since we both love taking photographs, we've decided to include some prints in every letter we send. She send me a photo her writing desk, herself, a tree in her front yard, and her father.
Her letter was typed on this cute telegram stationery.
After I wrote a return letter to Sophie, it inspired me to write more. I'm sending something to Christine up north, and a few postcards for postcrossing, they are going to Turkey, China, Canada, Haiti, and Poland.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your other penpal better kick it up a notch! So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails