Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lisa Swerling's Glass Cathedrals

While I catch up with old friends during craft fairs, Tony discovers new talent. He came back after an excursion and said I had to see these. He was right. Lisa Swerling is the artist behind these little masterpieces, she just moved to Marin from London. Her work is so beautiful yet has a sense of humor. One of the biggest appeals for me about Renegade shows are that the artist is there, right beside her work. It was so interesting hearing about the process that goes into each piece. Above, Wallflower.
 Utter disregard for consequences.
 This piece is backed by a mirror so you also get a glimpse of yourself.
 She has a wide variety of themes, and you could also commission a piece.
My absolute favorite, The Night Job.
Isn't it just gorgeous? I haven't stopped thinking about it! I didn't like the way any of my photos from Renegade SF came out so I deleted them all. The above photos are from Lisa's site which has a lot more to see.

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination of the figurines and the tilt shift lens, it makes for a wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails