Monday, January 31, 2011

I ♥ Vintage Illustrations

This is my dad's book that I borrowed. I flipped through it quickly and really liked the illustrations. Vintage books have the best drawings, don't you think?
I was never a girl scout but I do love those thin mints ;)
I think these are great tips, I wonder if these are still achievements to the boy scouts of today. If only people knew how happy a letter or note makes someone! Don't you think they would write more?
I wish I started taking pictures when I was younger. I definitely believe the more you practice something you love, the better you get at it. The boy scouts were so well rounded!
I don't agree with the subject of the photograph needed to be in the dead center but it's a good idea to start with the basics, then branch out on your own.
I'd like to get my hands on a boy scout book today- what has replaced taking care of a farm animal?
Have you ever caught a fish so big?
When my friend's grandfather used to drive us home, he'd point out what kind of clouds were in the sky. I wonder if he was a boy scout.
I'd like to watch someone practice the 'dodge spring' above. I hope a bear never suddenly pokes his head out at me- yikes!
These illustrations are unlike anything you see around today.
A reminder of the bill of rights.
Some good ol' American folklore. I think Johnny Appleseed is my favorite. Hope you all enjoyed seeing these pages.

Last Thursday, Tony came home so sick- fever, cough, headache. I wouldn't go as far as to blame him but I'm sick, again. This time, a common cold, I have a runny nose but he didn't. Is this what 2011 is going to be like? Not only is my body breaking down, I don't know how much longer my computer is going to last. First rule of 2011, only stress about one thing at a time. If that's even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails