Monday, January 17, 2011

I ♥ Vintage LA

Hello! My stomach flu lasted an entirely exhaustive week and I'm so happy that I'm now back to normal. It was really awful, I did not eat a real meal until Friday night- almost a whole week. I survived on coconut water, saltines and visits from friends and family. I had a lot of unanswered emails so the second I felt better I made going through my inbox my first task. Usually when I get an email forward, I don't even open it. I only took notice of this because it was from Tony's mom and she doesnt usually send "forwards." Inside I found old photos of LA. I was delighted by these photos since I always see vintage photos of New York, San Francisco, and London. I loved seeing these shots of my city from long ago.
Above, Dodger Stadium Construction, 1961.
 Broadway and 6th, downtown, mid 1920's.
7th and Broadway, date unknown.
Ocean piers, date unknown.
 6th and Mariposa, flood of 1920.
 Pacific Electric Subway Cars, 1914.
 The port of Los Angeles, 1900.
 Santa Monica Beach, 1900.
 Wilshire Boulevard, early 1900's.
Venice Beach 1920.
Untitled LA street.
I do not know the source, so if anyone knows where these came from please share the info.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I love old pics of how things used to be in L.A. thanks for sharing. Wilshire looked so untamed.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails