Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Recap of Pen Pal Meeting 2.22.11-Portraits

Don't you just love our collection of typewriters? Donovan and Kathy from The Letter Writer's Alliance were our inspiration. After I saw a photo of their meeting I so wanted to attend their meet ups in Chicago. But what about our LA members? We had to do something for them. I've been on the hunt for typewriters near and far. There are tons of working (and in need of some love) machines on etsy and ebay. Luckily there is a great shop in Los Altos that repairs them and carries replacement ribbon.
 
One of our members brought in her own typewriter, that still had the manual. I learned to type on a typewriter in 4th grade so I remember trying to remember this layout.
The goal of this meeting was to take portraits so we could send photos to our pen pal, these are my favorites.  She said she was tired and didn't feel cute but then pulled out this stunner!
Our new member, Nicole in a stunning red coat.
Tootie.
Victoria.
Mandy.

Our upcoming meetings: March 15th, April 19th, May 17th, June 21st. All meetings are held at ReForm School, 3902 West Sunset Blvd, from 7-9 pm.
All photos taken with my 35mm minolta.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures! I love the typewriter manual!!!
    Xoxo ♥

    Rocio R.

    http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails