Friday, April 15, 2011

A vacation

On Monday, this letter from Kate arrived. Not only was it a three page letter but she also send me one of her necklaces. So sweet of her!
Allie was visiting when the letter arrived and she fell in love with this necklace. Her Polaroid was actually the first one I ever used. Since she loved it so much I had to give it to her, but I can borrow it whenever I'd like ;) 
When I was younger, my dad, sister and I would go on a road trip every summer. The trips were so fun and my definition of summer vacation. I think the last trip we went on as a family was when my sister was in college. Since we are so busy in our adult lives it's been kind of difficult to coordinate a trip but it finally came together and we are all going to Oregon! My dad's really good friends live there so we are flying into Portland and then driving to their house. I'm leaving this 80 degree LA weather for the 50 degree Pacific Northwest. I'm really excited, I love Oregon and have not seen Kathy since I graduated in 2007. I will return Kate's letter, and a few others while in Oregon. 

Any must sees in Portland?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Replies to recent comments: 
Kate I'm so lucky :) and international presents are the best!
Kimberly I'm trying to decide where to put those donut bears- any suggestions? It's a cherry blossom kit kat, I haven't tried it yet. Green tea sounds delicious.
Sofia Thanks
Katie  Yes, it's pretty much the best thing.

1 comment:

  1. In Portland, I would recommend the Japanese Garden (you MUST!) and Cargo, and right near Cargo is the Byways Cafe filled with vintage travel souvenir memorabilia and blue corn pancakes to die for....

    The Art Museum also has a fantastic Native American Art collection. Not too big, not too small, just right for an hour or two.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails