Friday, May 13, 2011

Amy & Scott's Wedding

A little over a month ago, my good friends Amy and Scott got married. It felt so fast, I really do feel like it was just last week they got engaged. All of a sudden we were on our way to San Diego! The Friday night before the wedding, everyone arrived from out of town for a cocktail reception. Katie and I were walking from dinner to the party when it started pouring rain. Since the ceremony was going to be outdoors, we were all a bit worried about the weather. The next morning, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the ceremony was sunny and clear, absolutely perfect. It was really the most beautiful wedding I had ever been to. The ceremony was in a garden at The Prado in Balboa Park. Amy looked so so gorgeous, not that she doesn't always but she really did have a extra bit of glow that day. A few more shots from the day:
Amy and her dad, Dan.
Scott with his parents.
Ring bearer and flower girl.
Mother of the bride, Sally.
Amy's sister Lisa, matron of honor.
Amy's brother Jacob and her sister in law Nicole.
Amy's best friend Ellie.


Just married! 
First dance as a married couple.
:) It didn't take long for the dancing queen to come out. Every time I looked for Amy she was on the dance floor. I love this, after all the planning it's time to let loose and have a good time.
I was a bit nervous to see how the photos turned out because it was the first time I was using this Holga camera. If you're not familiar with the camera, it's plastic and a bit finicky. Sometimes the photos come out blurry, or not at all.  I'm happy with how the photos came out- I love the dreamy quality with blurry edges. I will share their invitations soon.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't balboa park the most beautiful place! I used to go there every tues and eat lunch in the grass with some friends and check out all the museums since they were free! Saw a few plays at the old globe (reconstructed exactly like Shakespeare playhouse) Most beautiful architecture! Would have been a real treat if you were there when they play that organ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails