Tuesday, May 10, 2011

IIIIIIII want candy!

Over Easter, we got to take a quick trip to see friends and family up in Northern California. We spent the Saturday before Easter in San Francisco. It was an unusually sunny and warm day. A rare treat in SF! The forecast had said rain so the sunshine was a very pleasant surprise. To make the most of our visit, I was sure to bring my camera and plenty of film. We popped in to see Miette's newest location . It is one of my favorite spots in the city. Their beautiful, pastel displays and amazing assortment of candies make me want to spend all day there. I always have to stop in to get some of my dad's favorites- ginger snap cookies. They are extraordinarily spicy!
Miette offers the best of sweets, everything from old fashioned candy, fancy confections from all over the world to their own house made cakes. I think their newest addition is ice cream- something I definitely would have remembered from my last visit. Here a few photos from my visit:
Visit Miette Bakery at any of their locations: Ferry Building, Hayes Valley, or Jack London Square in Oakland.
Replies to recent comments: 
Sofia + Elissa Thank you, I think the pouch came out great too.

Jaclyn Thank you, I am always trying to look for different ways to improve my booth. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated :) and regarding the pouch; I can't take all the credit. My sister and her friend Ailey helped me pick out the fabric. We must have looked at at least 50 different patterns and colors. 
Kate Thanks! I got pain killers for my foot so I'm alright, just annoying how long it takes me to get anywhere.
Kitiya how funny, I was so obsessed with Lisa Frank too and I was just talking to my sister about it. I look at it now and can't believe how ugly it all is! How our tastes changes :) 
All photos from my 35mm Minolta.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing shop! The way everything has been displayed is so beautiful ! The cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took such gorgeous photos! I love how this shop displays all of their yummy goods - especially the glass canisters of candies. If I'm ever in SF, I must visit this place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I cannot wait to go visit when I move to SF at the end of the month! Looks like this will def be a favorite stop for sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some of THE prettiest packaging I've ever seen. Don't think I could bear to unwrap and eat anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails