Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sophie Blackall

I'm sure most of you are aware of Sophie Blackall's work. This Australian, who now lives in America, illustrates missed connections that people post on the NY craigslist site. I've been thinking about these a lot recently. Besides being beautifully illustrated, I like how she is reaching out further with these quotes. Maybe she's catching the attention of someone that the original author might not have. 
I have not been able to spend as much time as I'd like with Tony these past few weeks so I'm kind of feeling we're a missed connection. That has definitely made me feel more emotional and sentimental. I never know how much he affects me until we don't get to see each other. These few examples of her work made me smile. They aren't all about love interests, they range from sweet gratitude to a simple, but humorous explanation.   



Another reason to bring up Sophie is her work on a new project that's very personal to her. It's called Drawn From My Father's Adventures. 
She illustrates and includes one of her father's stories. This is a recent illustration, go to her blog to find out the story behind it.
All photos from Sophie Blackall.
Replies to recent comments: 
Jaclyn: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed my favorite finds. I am adding that as a regular post every week.

3 comments:

  1. These are amazing - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it is to be away from your beau! I haven't seen mine in 2 months! Makes those moments together even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of her work, but it's amazing thank-you for sharing it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails