Sunday, July 31, 2011

DIY from Pugly Pixel


Hello everyone! It's Katrina from Pugly Pixel and Margaret asked me to share a post whiles she's away on her birthday vacation (HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARGARET)!
A few weeks ago, I shared a short DIY tutorial on my blog about how to make your own custom envelopes. What I'm about to share with you is very similar, except that the material I'm going to work with today is not paper, but aluminum -- aluminum foil, in fact. If you want to follow along, you'll need a sheet of foil, some washi tape, an envelope template, scissors, and any embellishments you wish you add! I hope you enjoy this short and easy tutorial.
Thanks for having me over, Margaret. :)

Step 1: Gather the primary materials -- aluminum foil and washi tape.
Step 2: Take a strip of washi tape and place it across the width of your foil.
Step 3 (optional): To add some texture, partially fold the aluminum over the tape.
Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you're satisfied.
Step 5: Turn over your sheet of foil and trace the outline of your envelope.
Step 6: Reinforce this same side (same side as step 5) by covering it with washi tape.
Step 7: Follow the outline you drew in Step 5 and cut out with your scissors.
Step 8: Fold the flaps.
Step 9 (optional): Embellish.

1 comment:

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails