Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recent Favorites Pt. 5

Is it Tuesday already? Renegade LA was our best show yet! I really owe it to my team- I could not have done it without them. If you think preparing for a craft fair is exhausting, try doing that all week, then standing on your feet for 12+ hours a day, outside, when its 80 degrees. Thankfully, my power team of sellers had the booth covered. Katie and Nat manned the booth on Saturday and Katie and Wendy manned the booth on Sunday. Tony and I were there to set up, replenish stock, and be the food + drink gofers. We had it pretty easy :) It was so nice to spend time with Tony lazing in the shade of a tree. Usually weekends are so busy we never get time to just lounge around. Though we all had a great time, I am looking forward a few months without a craft fair. We'll take this time to build up stock, come up with new products, and of course blog. 
A big thanks to all the blog readers who came by to say hello. "Carmeggedon" couldn't keep you away. I am glad that wasn't a disaster. I was on the 101 around 4pm on Saturday and it was completely empty. Hopefully it will be the same when the shutdown the freeway again later on this year.
It was great meeting Fallon, whose blog I've been a fan of for a long time and also Lauren was so nice, plus she recommended a restaurant close by that I'd never been to that was SO delicious (spitz in little tokyo if anybody's wondering.) Amanda came by and I was a bit star struck- definitely my favorite wedding blog. The biggest surprise was meeting the duo who put on The Finders Keepers show in Australia. Will Paper Pastries ever travel internationally for a craft fair? I hope so! You never know who you're going to see at Renegade.
On to this week's recent favorites- Kate Spade lipsticks via Sparkles and Pretending.
Why is this baby is a mail bag? via Black and WTF.
The sleepwalker series by Rebecca Finch via Photojojo.
all photos from linked sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails