Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vintage match labels and more

I really don't think that today's ads come anywhere close to vintage advertising. I constantly look at old drawings and photos for inspiration in my own work. I found this fantastic collection of thousands of images- all mid century. It's too bad none of the illustrators were credited, I really admire their look. Here are a few that I had to share. These will never go out of style. Do you have a favorite? I think the lobster is mine.
handy dandy photo layouts from pugly pixel. thank you katrina!
photo sources-
people: 1, 2, 3, 4
food: 1, 2, 3, 45
animals: 1, 2, 3, 4

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love mid century design :) My faves here are the woman with handbag and the postage stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails