Thursday, October 27, 2011

My NYC holiday via instagram

I'm back! What a trip. I can't lie, it feels good to be home but I am already really missing NYC. I had the best time with my girlfriends. I forget how fun it is to be around them and it's sad to think that I only get to see them a few times a year. We had such a great time. The weather was pretty much perfect, it only rained one day. The only bad thing that happened was we tried to go to the tenement museum but all the tours were sold out. So we went around the corner to Baby Cakes bakery and the shop girl was in a bad mood and really rude to my friend. Besides that, we covered a lot of ground, got plenty of presents for friends and family back home, and spent every second with each other which was what the trip was really about.
Remember the guide book I posted about? It was a god send. At one point, none of our phone maps/gps/directions were working so we actually used the map that Nicki made for me. Good to know paper can still get the job done :) Here are just a few shots from my trip.
We stayed in Christine's Greenwich Village apartment and it really made such a difference. It was nice to come back to a cozy place. Plus, it's pretty much the best neighborhood for restaurants and shopping. I really think you see so much more of a city when you stay somewhere other than a hotel. 
It's really an amazing city. If I was visiting the US from another country, NYC would be at the top of my list. I hear it's supposed to snow on Saturday. I'm happy we left just in time. No way I can handle real weather.
If you're like me, as soon as you get home from a trip you're already planning the next one. I've got wanderlust for sure.
Next stop- Hotlanta! Tony has to go for work for a few days so I am tagging along then we'll spend four days exploring the city. I've never been so I am very excited.
Any recommendations for Atlanta? I'm completely clueless. I don't know what neighborhoods to check out, what restaurants to go to, or what shops to see.
If only I could get a handmade guidebook to all the cities I visit- I'd have it made ;)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All photos taken with my iphone 4 then edited with instagram. 
Photo layouts from Pugly Pixel, available here.

1 comment:

  1. i m going there in 10 days : cant wait ! and really hope the snow will be gone by then !

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails