Monday, October 17, 2011

Off to NYC

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I've expressed my love for Fall many times and in many ways but I just had to say it once more. What better time of year to head to the east coast? My girlfriends from college are meeting up in New York for a week filled with walks through fallen leaves, late night talks, coffee drinking and most definitely shopping. Christine, of The Postage Service, is renting out her Greenwich Village studio to me and my friend. Christine and I will have one day to hang out with each other but then she is going on vacation. It is Lindsay's first trip to New York so I think it will be extra special that we get to stay in a real New York apartment in my favorite neighborhood!
Recently, I received an email from Nicki, who had just discovered my blog. She said we had so many things in common and wanted to thank me for pointing her in the direction of Kinokuniya bookstores. I asked which location she visited and found out she lives in NYC. I mentioned I was going on a trip there soon and she asked if I would like any suggestions of places to visit. From a real New Yorker? Absolutely! What came next I couldn't even believe. 
Nicki sent me this beautiful package, with a guidebook she put together for me complete with an embroidered cover. What did I do to deserve such a thing?
It's pretty much the best thing I've ever received in the mail. The guide book is divided up into neighborhoods and has a little bit of history, description, and must see suggestions if I only have time for a few stops in each place. Super helpful (closed on sunday/monday and hard to find, but just go up to 2nd floor) and each suggestion is numbered, with a coordinating map so it's easy to find!
I just have a look of awe on my face every time I look through it. So thoughtful! Nicki and I are going to meet up one day while I'm in town and I'm very much looking forward to meeting my new friend!
I have a few posts scheduled while I'm gone. Have a wonderful week everyone!
Photo layouts from Pugly Pixel, available here.


  1. Oh this looks amazing! Have the best time! x

  2. That is the sweetest introduction to a city ever. Have a great trip!



Related Posts with Thumbnails