Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Vintage Paper Fair No. 3

I found these great postcards- they sure don't make them like they used to. Though each table is full of very clearly marked you could still spend hours looking through them until you find "the one." Oh the patience these vendors have with me! Another thing I love about the vendors is that they aren't bothered by bartering. Since they didn't slave over making or finding these, they are more lax about the whole pricing issue. I like to make my case that I'll buy more if I get a deal. Who can refuse? Case in point- the "jumbo" Hollywood postcard was marked as $6- I got it for $2! I'd like to thank my mother for the gift of haggling ;)
A favorite find from the last fair are small photograph collections as souvenirs from a place. I found this Hawaii set for a friend's birthday.
There are some pretty amazing shots in here. Makes me want to visit Hawaii again soon!
I've never been to the Great Smoky Mountains but this group of photographs makes me interested.  The whole packet could have been mailed for a mere 3 cents.
A baby bear in the parking lot? Mama can't be far behind- I'd bail!
Majestic views, gushing rivers, and serene watefalls. Anyone been to the GSM recently? Is it still this magical?
I'm going to cut out these garden photos to decorate envelopes and packages. I loathe spiral bound books but the pictures were pretty so I got it.
I've got one more post of a vintage paper find to share then I'm done for a while. I'm sorry my posts have been all over the place. I used to spend a lot of time to plan them out for the week and now I just write about whatever comes to mind. For example, I still have not posted about my southwest trip, or my birthday trip, or Disneyland. Sometimes I forget what I have to blog about until I look through my photos. There's so many! I will get organized this weekend- I promise :)

1 comment:

  1. I've lived in the south, between the Appalachia my whole life, and I've only been through the GSM once, maybe twice. From what I remember it was beautiful, the Blue Ridge Parkway is also beautiful, with the various stop off view points into different valleys. Hope you do plan to make a trip out here! ;)



Related Posts with Thumbnails