Friday, November 4, 2011

Pop up shop

Currently there is a pop up shop happening at ReForm School featuring yours truly and five other crafters and artists. I haven't had the chance to get over there to photograph the fabulous products but I will soon. In the meantime, one of my favorite LA artists came out with these great, just in time for holiday shopping, personalized gifts:
nude block prints- yowza! I've been a big fan of Jill K. in LA for years but this is my favorite thing she's ever come up with. Since Jill and I are friends, she indulged my curious side and answered a few questions:
1) What inspired you to make nude portraits?  Regular portraits are just so "expected."  Nudes are a lot more fun!  
Actually, I was inspired by our Pop-Up Shop title, "This Time, It's Personal."  What's more personal than a nudey pic?
2) Do you blush when you're carving the blocks?  
Nah.  After years of Life Drawing classes, in Art School, I've seen a lot of birthday suits.  Consider me like a doctor.
3) Any special/strange requests (i.e. make my nipples larger) ?
Oh yeah, I'm often asked to be "generous."  And to which, I comply (on a realistic or comical level).
4) Any different spins custom portraits in the future?
No new twists planned for future custom portraits, but I'm always open to suggestions!


If nude isn't your thing, she also has tons of great cards and prints.
Custom portraits, cards, and prints may be ordered from ReForm School or online from
Jill's etsy shop.

All photos courtesy of Jill K. in LA. Thank you Jill! Keep up the good (or should I say saucy) work.

2 comments:

  1. Such a talented girl I really love your style in making your arts more artistic and appealing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails