Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Small Business Meetup No. 1

I hope everyone had a relaxing three day weekend. We made a quick trip up north- it's always fun to get out of town for a few days.
I meant to post about this before I left but time just flew by. Last thursday night, Erin rounded up some small business people for a meeting. 
In attendance was- ErinLaura (who also hosted us at her beautiful home) KeikoSaraElinorDavid, and myself. 
I think it's a very strong group and we all work well with each other. Since it was the first meeting, we introduced ourselves and what we do/make
then briefly discussed our goals. One of my biggest goals for 2012 is getting my studio really organized. As some 
of you know my work studio has had a lot of ups and downs. For now, it seems like every issue I once had is some
what under control. Now that I'm able to focus on my actual business, I do notice that it's easy for me to become 
un-organized in a matter of a week. My sister has really been helping with keeping track of our paper stock- but I
have no idea of the rest of the inventory. Whenever I'm working on a project, it needs to be out on a work table, and 
somehow it migrates to another work space then my whole studio is covered in one project and I can't work on any
thing else. So my goal for January is to at least get a hold of inventory, and make sure everything has a place. I
am in the middle of the biggest wholesale order I've ever had so it is kind of forcing me to stay
organized- it's a good thing! I will be sure to track my progress- it might be a different story in a month!
I've been revisiting some pinterest boards and looking for others that deal with work spaces. Whether it's a desk or a whole room, you won't get far in a mess.
Photo sources:
*sorry if this text formatting is wonky- I've decided to let blogger do whatever it wants instead of trying to mess around with the html. I'm not going to deal with things anymore that make me want to rip my hair out.


  1. It was great meeting you, Margaret! Can't wait for future meetings. Good luck with your organizing!

    1. great meeting you too! Looking forward to our next meeting



Related Posts with Thumbnails