Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tea Party

Our tea party was this past Sunday. We had quite a spread- 4 different kinds of tea sandwiches, two different kinds of scones, cookies, tarts and some vegan treats. Katie (with some help from Wendy and Tony made all the food.) Since it turned out to be 80 degrees, I made mint iced tea and fruited water. We did have some hot tea later in the night. Katie brought her wedding china dessert plates, and Amy brought some of her grandmother's tea cups.
My favorite treat was the lemon cheesecake tarts.  I fell in love with Amy's grandmothers tea cups. She even gifted me a beautiful yellow cup and saucer. I will treasure it forever. Now I need to start building my collection of vintage tea cups. Floral patterns always get me! 
It was a relaxing Sunday spent with friends. I stamped some favor boxes so everyone could take treats when they left. Most importantly it let all of us reconnect and a few even made some new friends. As Victoria said, "tea parties should be a regular thing." I agree :)
all photos by margaret haas

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Old floral teacups are so cute! I need to have a tea party!! You've inspired me ;)
    Http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I recommend it :) let me know if you have a tea party i'd love to see pictures.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it was fun- i put my camera away before guests arrived- no distractions from my girlfriends.

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails