Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wedding talk No. 2 (engagement party invitations)

This past Saturday was our engagement party. You would probably not be surprised to learn that I don't care for evites- no matter how casual the party. I had to make actual invitations for this event. As with most things I do, it was a simple, but involved process.
We used an envelope punch and a few sheets of this paper.
Tony punched out the mini envelopes, and pretty soon we had a big stack of them.  
They are very simple to fold into envelopes. While Tony was doing that, I wrote out our wording in calligraphy, scanned it, then printed it onto cream cards. 
I also wrote out our announcement then scanned and printed those.
I attached the mini envelope to the card then put in the mini note. 
The most time consuming part was writing our return address on the back and addressing all of them. A labor of love that was well worth it. We were pleased with how they turned out and got a lot of positive feedback from our friends.
Supplies used- mini envelope punch, white pen, 4 bar cards and envelopes.
Top photo by Dab, all others by margaret haas.

15 comments:

  1. They look amazing! Hope you had a great night. I have never seen a mini envelope punch but I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks :) and thanks for being our photographer that night!

      Delete
  3. They turned out beautifully. And now I can't live without an envelope punch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, its been added to my list of "didn't know i needed it until I had one" I can't stop using it.

      Delete
  4. gorgeous. now where can we find the mini punch and what pen did you use on the envelopes? besides the usual congratulations and gorgeous job that you did on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I've added a link to the mini envelope punch and white pen.

      Delete
  5. The little paper punch is so cute!!...putting this in my blog so I remember it. Also, beautiful handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of calligraphy pen did you use? I'm interested in doing my own, but am experiencing information overload! Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use nibs and a holder I got from castle in the air, and japanese ink. Every calligrapher I know uses something different, it's really just up to personal preference. Try a couple and see what your hand likes best.

      Delete
  7. Your cards are gorgeous! What kind of paper did you print the invite on? I feel like card stock is not thick enough and mounting type paper for scrapbooking is not something that you can print from the computer on! Also, what size was the paper you printed on/what size were the envelopes? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails