Friday, February 10, 2012

California Road Trip No. 3

Big Sur was the last/best part of our trip. It was my first time there and everyone was right- such a beautiful place. I'd say the most beautiful place I've been in California. The most fun part of our time in Big Sur happened at 1 in the morning. We went to the Esalen institute to enjoy their natural hot springs. We were on the edge of a cliff, watching shooting stars above and hearing the ocean crash below us. Magic. It was pitch black, and there's about 5 different spots to soak so we had one all to ourselves. I definitely want to go back again. 
Photos, from top left- California poppies, our room at Big Sur Lodge, Bixby bridge, writing postcards at lunch.
Our short hike to Pfeiffer Falls, a decorated gate, lunch, the coast.
Under the shady canopy of the forest, and more of the coast. The colors were incredible! I didn't edit these pictures, they really look like this.
It was the best birthday and I appreciate California that much more.
all photos by margaret haas. I used a mix of 35mm and 120 film.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the bottom 4 photos are fantastic! These are all so lovely!

    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Sur is at the top of my road trip wish list. I've heard nothing but good things about it! Beautiful photographs, such calming colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails