Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New postage stamps

 To keep good on my promise to send more mail this year, I had to make sure I'm prepared. I am well stocked on stationery, cards, and pens but I feel like I'm always running out of proper postage.
I went online to and picked out  every new stamp that caught my eye. There are tons of great styles to choose from, a lot of them are "forever" stamps. The designs have really improved- a lot of your remember when forever stamps came out- there was only the liberty bell style. 
I am definitely well stocked to send domestic cards and letters, international letters, and postcards. I ordered online because my post office never has any of the cute new stamps. I made a big order, and one sheet of stamps is missing even though I was charged for it. We'll see how quickly and easily this can be resolved.
If you're unclear about current postage rates, they can always be found on the LWA page-
on the right hand side, under their twitter feed.
  • first class letters
  • 1 ounce: 45¢
    2 ounces: 65¢
    3 ounces: 85¢
    3.5 ounces: $1.05
  • postcard: 32¢
    square env.: add 20¢
  • (For first class
    letters at 1 oz.)
  • Canada & Mexico: 85¢
  • Other countries: $1.05

all photos taken with my  iphone then edited with instagram.


  1. Ohhh I definitely am in need of some stamps, I need to go stock up! You got some really lovely ones, it looks like!
    xo Heather

  2. They are amazing. Your stamps are always wonderful. I need to get my hands on some interesting ones!

  3. Ah! Lovely. How do you like the new tree stamps in person? I can't wait to buy those. What are your favorite stamps that have come out so far this year (or in 2011)?

    1. I like the bonsai stamps but I wish they could be a bit larger. Pretty colors though. My favorite stamps that came out in 2011 are Gregory Peck, so far in 2012 are the new mexico.



Related Posts with Thumbnails