Friday, February 17, 2012

Required Reading No. 1

I finally got my hands on a copy of Kinfolk, volume two. I never saw volume one but heard great things about it. It's described on the cover as "a guide for small gatherings." This magazine is filled with snippets of people's lives- and the beautiful parties they throw. I think this says a lot about our society. It's probably the same reason we're addicted to facebook and personal blogs- we like to see what everyone is up to. I know I do :)
I will say that the writings that go along with these stories are a bit too poetry-esq for me. I much prefer the interviews then the stories. They seem a lot more 'real' to me if that makes sense.  It's sometimes hard for me to read things that are written too different from the way people actually speak to each other. All that was quickly forgotten as I lost myself in the gorgeous photography. There's a range from landscapes to tabletops, and close ups of meals to cozy rooms.
I just wanted to share a small peek without giving too much away.
I know it's not a cooking magazine but it'd be nice to include a few recipes. These dishes look so mouthwatering it would be fun to try my hand at making some.
All photos found in Kinfolk Volume Two.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, Tootie came across it at Skylight books and picked me up a copy. They are hard to find!

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous photos! Want want want!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heres where you can find a copy, not sure where you're located http://www.kinfolkmag.com/stockists/

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails