Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Buried Treasure No. 5 NY

I made a folder titled "to blog"  then it just get lost in the chaos that is my desktop. Lots of buried treasure to come :)
New York City is such a wonderful place. Unlike any other place in the world. You can wander side streets and come across gems that you would have never even thought existed. That is a luxury reserved for the locals. I wouldn't call a vacation in NYC any sort of relaxation. When you're a visitor and you have things to see and places to be nothing is more precious than your time. That's why I really appreciated the handy dandy guide book my nyc pen pal Nicki made for me. It really was catered to places I'd like. My friends and I basically spent the whole week planning stops to shops, restaurants and other attractions that Nicki had recommended. This was one of my favorite places that she suggested; JC Casey Rubber Stamps. It's a thin sliver of a shop, filled to the brim with rubber stamps.
Wall to wall, covered in stamps, divided by categories. 
Animals, food, historic places, people, insects, letters, numbers, symbols, plants... 
Really if it exists, you can find it here. There's also a catalog you can search through and they stamp will be produced on the spot. Very reasonable prices but cash only! 
I only got four stamps but they are winners- you can see them here.
all photos taken by Margaret Haas, 35 mm film.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love finding hidden gems in cities. What a neat little store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I'm jotting down a note to self to visit the stamp shop. I wander around here all the time, but I feel like I'm constantly discovering new places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! I love seeing the pictures of all the places you went!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails