Friday, May 25, 2012

Vintage paper fair part 2

Another great find from the vintage paper fair, a "self help" book on how to write letters.  This was published in 1950, can you tell? 
I am really curious to see if you can still order tickets via the post.
When's the last time you attended a sewing group?
I've been inspired to write some friendly letters of my own. 
Published by Noble and Noble, copyright 1950.


  1. Replies
    1. A real treasure I think. It came in a plastic sleeve but I want people to be able to look at it so I think I'll leave it out at my house. What's the use of something like this if it can't be touched and flipped through?

  2. When I got engaged, it drove my grandmother crazy to see how many people kept sending me or telling me congratulations. She insisted they send their best wishes. Seeing the tip from this book makes me realize why she felt that way--she came of age in the '50s so that would have only been proper. Anyway, what a cool find!

    1. that's so funny! I wonder why that's the rule. I also heard that lecture at my engagement party :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails