Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vintage Paper Fair

I had to beg Tony to take me to the vintage paper fair but he finally gave in. I don't think Katie wanted to go because we were there hours last time. Tony said he'd go for "40 minutes." There's just too much to see. I'm glad he came with me though, he looked as some stalls that I would have never been interested in. He found this vintage map of Los Angeles.
 The front and back is printed.
I think I want it framed for our bedroom but don't know if there is a way to smooth out all the folding lines. Any ideas?? 
I also found this for my friend Erika who loves owls. It's a little info sheet about the release of the owl postage stamps. 
Interesting! 
Aren't these great stamps? 
Besides paper goods, some stalls have other collectables. I found this slim tin cigar box. 
I think it will hold my floating labels nicely.  
I really like the illustrations of the astronauts on this envelope. 
One of my favorite things I found was this Monaco postcard book from the early 1900's. 
Each card is separated by a thin piece of tissue paper.
I can't decide if I want to frame these or send them.
all photos by Margaret Haas. 
p.s. I'm looking for guest bloggers, find out more information here

4 comments:

  1. You could try to iron the map with a thin kitchen towel placed between the map and iron and using only low heat. I'm not sure if it would completly remove the folds, but I guess it would make them less prominent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cigar tin is really nice. And oh my gosh, that postcard book! Great find. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great finds this time definitely, and I still have more to share. The vintage paper fair is one of my favorite events in Southern California.

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails