Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Guest Post No. 11 - Forever Stamps

Hello, this is Katie again with my last guest post.
I am so glad that the US Postal Service has decided that Forever stamps don’t just have to display the boring Liberty Bell.  The newest crop of Forever stamps include 20th Century Poets and Bonsai Trees.  My favorite, however, is the Great Film Directors set.  These directors were chosen because they captured the “American Experience.”  Each stamp shows a portrait of the director paired with an iconic scene from one of his (sadly no "hers" were included) movies.  I think the best one is “The Searchers.”  That pipe? That hat? John Wayne walking off into Monument Valley in the background?  Pure Americana that immediately evokes wonderful memories of watching this film with my dad and a big white bowl of air-popped popcorn.  
photo from usps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails