Thursday, June 7, 2012

Guest Post No. 8 - Matchbox Kitchen

Hi! My name is Sara and I run a blog and baking company named Matchbox Kitchen. While filling in for Margaret I thought I'd share a quick and easy dessert recipe. Popovers are one of my favorite things to bake. They're quick, fun to watch puff up, and are the perfect blank canvas for whatever you're in the mood for. Today I added a dollop of whipped cream, some fresh cherries, and a drizzle of caramel on top. I always love a bit of salt in my desserts so I finished it off with a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt. You can also try pairing it with fresh raspberries, a scoop of mint chip ice cream, or just by themselves. Enjoy! Chocolate Popovers 
3 eggs 
1 c milk 
2 tbsp butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
3/4 c flour 
3 tbsp sugar 
2 tbsp cocoa powder 
1 tsp salt 
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a standard muffin tin with butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt. Gradually add milk mixture to dry ingredients, whisking until combined without any lumps. (Be careful not to mix too much though!) Distribute batter evenly, filling each muffin tin about 2/3 full. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed. Do not open the oven or your popovers might deflate. Let rest for 5 minutes, then release popovers to a cooling rack. To assemble, split popovers in half and place a dollop of whipped cream in the middle. Add pitted cherries, then drizzle caramel on top. Finish off with of with a pinch of sea salt.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sara, these look delicious & sinfully easy. Do you think a version with berries is possible as well, or would they not hold up like the cherries do?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be excellent with berries! I just had cherries on hand :)

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails