Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Color code your life

Almost every day I have to tell someone which key to use. As you can see, my key ring is a mess. I have keys to my apt/building/mailbox, my sister's house, my parent's house, the shop, the studio, and the studio bathroom (both men and women.) Then I came across this GENIUS idea. So simple, so effective, and I'm able to use supplies I already have. 
Yes I've tried those plastic key covers but they just get dirty and fall apart. This is a great solution! Just take your keys off the ring, and cover one side in a coat of nail polish.  
Wait about 5 minutes then flip and cover the other side. American apparel polish covered the best.  
Now when someone needs my keys, I can easily point them out: women's restroom? hot pink!
all photos by Margaret Haas


  1. I saw this idea via Pinterest and was thinking how badly I need to do it--glad to see you actually did it and that it seems to work!

  2. that idea is so genius! i used glitter on my keys, but that gets everywhere. colored nail polish is just the perfect pop. thanks for sharing.



Related Posts with Thumbnails