Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lately...

Do you ever have days where everything stresses you out? I'm sure a lot of my anxiety has to do with wedding planning- I just want to get everything done. But when I put a lot of time into wedding planning I start to feel guilty. Guilty that I'm not putting in the effort that I usually put into my business, guilty that the studio is a mess... once you feel bad about one thing you can feel bad about everything. Sometimes it's just great to zone out for a few minutes, or if you're lucky enough even a half hour. I had to run down to blick art the other day to restock on supplies. They sure have a lot of fun things at that place. I decided to give myself half an hour to just wander the isles. I picked up a few things that caught my eye. Above, a smock patterned box. There were tons of colors and patterns but I always say- go with your first instinct. The yellow is so cheerful.
These colored pencils were a bargain so I couldn't pass them up. 
They are small so they fit right in to my mail art kit.  
Same goes for these mini markers. 
My future mother in law gave this to me. I almost bought it for myself but didn't because I was traveling and the shop didn't have a box to protect it. 
Besides being cool looking it's totally functional. It's a great thing to have on my desk.
What do you do to de-stress? 
all photos by Margaret Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails