Monday, November 26, 2012

Guest Post No. 20 Tiny Inklings

Hi there! This is Kayla King from Tiny Inklings. I'm so happy to be here guest posting while Margaret and Tony are away getting married. Today, my thoughts have turned to chillier weather. While we don't have a true winter by any means here on the Central Coast of California, there is a definite nip in the air this time of year, which makes me want to add an extra blanket to the bed and put on my "Thanksgiving Pants". I've put together a little roundup today of my top eight winter essentials (fire-in-fireplace not included, because that's just a given). 1. Pretty mug that's big enough to warm your hands. This one's from Iittala. 2. Vanilla tea. I love the fancy kinds, but this one by Mighty Leaf is affordable and easy to find in the regular grocery store. 3. A good book. Admittedly, I've already read this one, but I'm including it here as an encouragement for you to pick it up. It was seriously one of the best books I've ever read (and I read. A LOT.) 4. Salted caramels. If they have chocolate on them, even better. 5. Fingerless mittens. If I'm on the computer in my office, my hands get freezing and these let me type and keep from getting frostbite. 6. A cozy wool blanket is a winter essential no matter where you live. Bonus if it naturally includes a furry puppy underneath like mine usually does. 7. Candles. Bring 'em on. The more the better. 8. Penning letters in cute stationery to send to friends during the holidays is a rainy day activity that's a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails