Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sent with Love No. 27 Pet Adoption Announcements

Since so many people haven't had the chance to meet Otto + Milchy, I decided to make adoption announcements. Kind of like birth announcements- you get the idea ;)
I had their faces hand carved from AyuTomikawaART on etsy. I wanted a unique look and she nailed it. She was really wonderful to work with and I'm so happy with how their faces came out. Turns out that the stamps I had made were a little too big for the paper I choose so I scanned them in and had smaller stamps made.
I got A2 flat cards in cement and a variety of A2 envelopes. I printed out the text then stamped their faces.
Then I sprinkled clear embossing powder over their stamped faces.
I put them aside (not stacked) then used the heat embosser to set them. 
I stamped Otto in cranberry and Milchy in chestnut. Pigment ink pads are best for using with embossing powder.
I also had some wallet sized pictures printed up to include with their announcements. I think these guys are too cute so I had to include some real photos of them.
I addressed all the envelopes, Tony stuffed + sealed them. I hope everyone who hasn't, gets a chance to meet them soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you embossed those amazing stamps you had carved! What a wonderful idea Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please send something like that ! i wan be your penfriend and sent with you letters ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails