Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DIY envelopes with the Envelope Template Kit

I'm a big fan of all of the paper source's supplies. The envelope template kit was one of the first things I bought from that shop. We are carrying this great envelope template kit in our shop. This kit is not only great for special projects, it gives new life to some paper headed for the recycling bin. 
Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie. I loved the calendar so much I couldn't bear to throw it away. But that is treading on hoarder territory- how long am I going to keep a 2012 calendar? 
So, with my trusty envelope templates in hand, I traced the shapes onto the pages of the calendar.
The A6 size worked best. I quickly cut out the traced shape then folded and glued the flaps.
You know that back page of calendars that show little previews of the month's photos? I cut those out and glued them to flat cards. Then I wrote some of my favorite quotes along the top of the cards.
I think this set turned out really cute!
I'm gifting it to my sister, since Dirty Dancing is also her favorite movie. I had the time of my life making these envelopes ;) 
all photos by Margaret Haas

6 comments:

  1. These are completely cool! What a fantastically 'green' option for old calendars too. I kept a 'peter rabbit' calendar during my 'all things beatrix potter' phase. They would have made adorable baby shower invites in these envelopes. Thanks for sharing. Over at www.ritewhileucan.com we are also major fans of PaperSource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are brilliant! dirty dancing is a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius. I love this. Awesome recycling idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really do look great. I used to be completely obsessed with Dirty Dancing when I was a bit younger and would listen to the soundtrack cassette over and over - that's when I wasn't watching the film. I think I know the script off by heart and I still get goosebumps at the end bit when Johnny comes back...ahh a blast from the past. Saying that I only watched it last about a year ago as Thomas had never seen it if you can believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! I was gifted a Cliff Richard calendar that everyone at work either loves or hates (didn't want to be selfish with that jem) but this sounds like a great way to recycle him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fantastic! Thanks for sharing these great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails