Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sent with Love No. 29 Incoming and Outgoing

May has been a pretty great month for mail so far. I love seeing how every one of my pen pals decorates a particular envelope. Everyone has their own unique style. I can tell who the letter is from just by looking at how it's decorated- and of course their handwriting :)
I got a bounty of wonderful gifts from pen pals all over the world- 2 notebooks, a honey stir stick, bloom tea, erasers, puffy stickers, a fantastic pen case. Aren't I lucky?
Emma wrote me a letter and included a notebook and some items from her new shop-
Letter loves. Have you checked it out? It's a must! She also blogs here.
I had plenty of thank you notes to write so I pulled out my stash. This is when I check my letter ledger to see if I've sent a certain person this design already. 
I've been collecting postcards and it's time to go through the pile. I've started writing shorter letters on a group of postcards then tying them up together with string.
First round of thank you cards are written and sealed.
After I write shorter notes/cards, then I get into my long letters to respond to. While organizing my supplies the other day I came across my colored pencils. I love writing with colored pencils but I rarely have the chance to anymore.
No doubt, I'm sure you all know that Donovan is the Queen of mail art. I tried my hand at collage type mail art.
 I hope these stick ons last a trip to Canada!
I'm sure I'll look back at these first attempts the same way I view my intro to photo work. But, I did have fun making them so that's all that matters.
A big thanks to all my pen pals- I cherish your letters! Expect return letters soon.


  1. oh wow i wish i got mail like this! it must be wonderful receiving and sending them.

  2. so much pretty mail!! I can never get over how amazing your handwriting is!

  3. Such a good idea to note which thank you cards you've already sent to someone! And the tying multiple postcards together to make a note. I'll have to remember these. Thanks for sharing! And isn't it great to be able to recognize someone by their handwriting? I hope that never dies out!!!

  4. Such beautiful letters!! How did you come across all these wonderful pen pals?? It's something I've been thinking about getting into!




Related Posts with Thumbnails