Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sent with Love No. 30

I love how there's something different in my mail box every week. 
Cards, postcards, and letters, aren't they great?
I made Shanti a business card stamp and she sent me a thank you card. She sent me an embossed business card, isn't it beautiful?

And a hand written card- what calligraphy! Thanks so much, Shanti! 
To respond to a recent comment made by Cindy- I mentioned how I write down what card/stationery I use so that I don't resend the same one. This is made possible by Paper & Type's letter ledger. I got my ledger in December 2011, and I have not written a letter without it since. I just updated mine a bit. I usually get long letters/consistent from four certain pen pals. For these certain four, I was finding the boxes a bit too small. So, I got out some washi tape and made tabs in my ledger.
Now these four pen pals have their own page, so when I get a letter from them, I just flip to their tab.
I am almost ready for my next ledger!
To answer another question, Mackenzie asked where I found all my pen pals. A lot have found me through my blog, and others I found through craft fairs and friends. If you're looking for a pen pal, I suggest joining the letter writers alliance.

8 comments:

  1. I love Washi but I do not have them :( :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of great shops on etsy that sell them if you can't find them locally. But I would warn against it. Once you start, you can't stop!

      Delete
  2. The tabs are genius! I recently purchased the letter ledger and it's been so helpful already.

    The white calligraphy ink on kraft paper is so lovely, I love this effect so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the letter ledger great? It's so helpful for me, for a record of what I've already written, and more importantly- what I have not.
      The white calligraphy is fantastic

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the info about the ledger. After you mentioned it, I vaguely remembered the original post. It looks like it's great for keeping track of all of your mail. Wish I received (and sent) enough mail to make it a necessity for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) You could also slip a piece of paper into your thank you card pack, noting who you have sent that particular design to.

      Delete
  4. beautiful things :) i 'm living it...
    i want send to you lettre and be your penfriend, what you mean? :)

    anyway, i love your blog.
    card woth cat is beautiful!:) i'm very like cats, dogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have all the pen pals I can handle right now but you should check out the letter writers alliance (link to them is at end of this post)

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails