Monday, July 1, 2013

Guest Post - Travel Photo Diary

Hey everyone! My name is Tana. I blog about my personal projects, travels, and creative pursuits. I'm delighted to be guest posting for Margaret while she's off to Paris! In the occasion of travel, I thought it would be fun to talk about the anatomy of a fun travel photo diary.
To show you best, I traveled to one of my favorite beaches - Crystal Cove in Southern California.
When I'm walking to old/new places alike, I first take a note of the landscapes. Is it dramatic, is it soft, is it monochromatic?
Water-2
And then I observe the close-ups & vignettes.
CrystalCove-15
Crystal-Cove-Tana-Gandhi
CrystalCove-16 CrystalCove-11
I usually take a #fromwhereistand photo and thought the one below was fun...
CrystalCove-9
Repetition and themes also play a huge role in a photo diary and can really give an essence of the place. During this visit, I noticed repeated walkways like the one below...
CrystalCove-18
Another theme I noticed were the bright painted buildings. Isn't it perfect for summer?
CrystalCove-8
CrystalCove-13
Other miscellaneous items include self-portrait reflections, images that contrast what you think you'll see when you visit a location like the highway which is directly adjacent to the beach...
CrystalCove-14 CrystalCove-3
Do you notice anything that's out of the ordinary? I personally love the tunnel that lets you walk underneath PCH to get to the beach. I don't know any other beach that does this!
CrystalCove-6
Is there any graffiti? The walls inside the tunnel are usually filled with colorful and beach-y messages like this one below...
Crystal-Cove-Tana-Gandhi

Now mix all of these photos and there you have it-- your very own fun travel photo diary!
Related: You can also check out more of my travel photo diary series.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Tana! Love your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these photos, this helps me remember my adventure memories while visiting lake. Thanks for the capture.
    wedding custom gift envelopes

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails