Sunday, August 4, 2013

Gifted No. 22

Birthdays- I love dressing up, the cake, all the phone calls/texts/voicemails, the surprises, and the presents! Katie always finds the best stuff for me. Since we couldn't see each other on my actual birthday, she gave me my presents after Renegade LA. I was so exhausted after the Saturday of that show. It was soooo hot and humid, I was sticky, sweaty,on my period (bloated) and I was sour about having to repeatedly into those swampy outhouses at the park. UGH! Not a great day. But that all ended as soon as we got to dinner. I got to use a real bathroom, wash my hands, splash my face with cold water, and have a refreshing drink. Air conditioning is just the tops. Anyway, after we sat down, I felt wonderful. Things just kept coming up roses- I was then given my birthday presents from Katie.
First, I got this adorable card designed by my friend Genevieve.
Each present was individually wrapped.The gold pouch is a winner, it's made by Baggu. I also love candles by Pommes Frites, and this is a scent I've never tried out before- "summer breeze."
These are very cool- decorative bronze nails for hanging keepsakes- I think I'll put some of my favorite necklaces on these.
Arent' they gorgeous? So cool!
Ok, forgive me I can't get over this gold leather. It's so good. You all know I'm a major fan of Homako. I wanted this new necklace as soon as I saw Yoko post it online a few months ago. Yoko (and Genevieve) were right across from us at Renegade Craft Fair. Katie ran right over before I got the chance to buy it myself.
She also gifted me this little arrow ring. I wear it on my pinky, like a baller. I'm 28 now, and I wear ring on my pinky. Thanks, Katie! Love you forever.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Baggu pouch! So many lovely Birthday goodies! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome presents! I LOVE that Summer Breeze scent from Pommes Frites, I think it's my fave. I love jasmine. I've also been obsessed with that Homako necklace after I saw it on you...might have to be my present to myself this year. Happy 28, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann :) Yes, get all the Homako you can!

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! I love those decorative nails! I have actually wondered before if there were such a thing, and now I know. Awesome gifts. Glad the day ended well. Yay for thoughtful (good gift-giving) friends! :)

    Oh, and I love that you said "like a baller." That made me laugh. You're too cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! I sure like to think that I am too cool, but the jury is still out ;)

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails