Friday, August 30, 2013

Gifted No. 26

You guys have seen the name Erika around the blog a few times. I was introduced to her because she went to college with my sister. She got a job at the art museum in Santa Cruz, so she was there when I went to school. We became good friends while I was in college. Then, she moved away to D.C., then she moved to Baton Rouge, then she moved to Oklahoma, then she moved to Texas. And now...SHE IS MOVING BACK TO CALIFORNIA! Not only that, but to SAN DIEGO. Is that great timing, or what? I just found out and I am SO happy. I'm happy for her and I'm happy for me. I still don't have any friends where I live and Tony is still working like crazy. So her moving back is pretty much the best news that ever was. Being the sweetheart that she is, she also sent me a birthday present! Milchy and Otto got some adorable bowties from Oskar & Klaus. They are going to be so fashion forward, right?

She also surprised me with vintage postage packs.

Aren't these beautiful? You just can't find colors like this anymore.

And the detail! They sure don't make them like they used to. 

Is it cheesy to say I looooove these? I do! :)

They are right at home on my writing desk , in a special little tray. Thanks, Erika! You know me so well :)


  1. Aww, that's so great that you'll have a friend moving nearby. It's so hard to move to a new place where you don't know anyone (but I don't have to tell you that). Hope you have lots of fun together!



Related Posts with Thumbnails