Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm Pinterested

Introducing a new segment here on the Paper Pastries Blog- I'm Pinterested. This will be to catalog projects/ideas/tutorials that I saw on Pinterest and tried for myself. A big thanks to my brother in law for coming up with the name for this :) Here we go!
I originally saw this project on Katri's board, "Mail Love." The link did not take me directly to the project, but after some searching, I found it- Washi Tape Envelopes- a tutorial. I know a lot of you out there are hoarding washi tape and envelopes- join the club! But, instead of using my current stash of washi tape, I had to go out and find some more. But where?Luckily, that day I had seen that Amber had discovered washi tape at Target.
I went with the intention of only buying one, but of course that flew out the window. At 2.99 each, I couldn't resist these neon colors.
Or these cool patterns. The thicker tape cost 3.99, but still a deal
I also found some of more printed tape in the art supply section, this whole set for $7.
So following Katri's instructions, I lined some envelopes with my new neon tape. Obsessed, right?
Well it didn't take me long to get the hang of it, and soon I had outlined five of these run-of-the-mill envelopes into definite eye catchers. The washi tape (made by scotch) was easy to work with and re-positionable. I'd definitely buy more. The kid made modern tape could be greatly improved- when I placed it on the envelope crooked and tried to peel it off, it tore the paper. Then after a few hours the edges were curling up. I won't be buying any more kid -made modern tape in the future.
Katri put together a wonderful tutorial!

15 comments:

  1. oh my! I am so envious of those tapes! We don't have them at target here in Australia :-( Those envelopes look super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean nothing can replace the MT brand of tape but this is pretty good for the price. I'm sure Australia has a lot of great shops to find stationery goods.

      Delete
  2. Wow the envelopes look so great! I have serious washi tape envy now - especially that big set of tapes! Love this new segment also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, you are getting on in the mail. Thanks, I'm looking forward to exploring more pinterest DIYs

      Delete
  3. The pic on Instagram was just a teaser--these are all so great! WOW! I agree about the Kid Made Modern tape. My daughter and I bought some last year in neon colors, and I wasn't happy with the quality. But the Scotch stuff is great, and it's only 2.99!? I love it. A friend mentioned on that same pic on Instagram that Office Depot has the Scotch washi tape as well. I am so curious to see the selection they have.

    I love that you *had* to go out and find some new tape. Glad I could be of assistance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing that there isn't an office depot anywhere close to me- I did check for their locations after I saw this.

      Delete
  4. P. S. The Kid Made Modern construction paper pad, on the other hand, is great. I bought it "for my kids" and ended up using it to make envelopes with the PS templates. It's pretty good quality and has great colors.

    Also, could you please publish some boring posts about how to pack for a move or something? That's what I am supposed to be doing, yet you are tempting me with envelopes and washi tape. Gah. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sorry! I sure don't have any advice about packing except get some friends and family over there STAT. I can't pack by myself, I start reading magazines and old letters and wanting to look at pictures. I'm a mess.

      Delete
  5. I'm excited about this new segment! I pin way too many diy ideas and then only try a handful. I didn't know about the new washi tape at Target--I will have to check it out! And the envelopes you decorated look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Always trying to think of new things for the blog- most of the ideas I come up with are flops but I think this has some staying power.

      Delete
  6. that's a disappointment about the kid made modern tapes, as the designs are great! love how your envelopes turned out, they look so eye catching and fun,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But not a big investment so it's ok.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE the envelopes in the last picture! This is what horrible bills should arrive in, at least I'd open them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, WHY didn't I think of this?! Just started a new pen pal project and will def be taking this tip. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails