Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Prized Possession - My letter sweater

I have a few things that really make me happy. I've started this new column here to showcase these items. Today is the first installment of a "Prized Possession."

I have noticed I have quite a few letter writing/envelope pins. I decided to put them all on my "letter (writing) sweater." I call it a letter sweater, even though it's a cardigan :) This sweet little laser cut envelope is from the twenty fingers on etsy. Their shop is currently on vacation but they are returning later this month. They were very nice to work with and I recommend their shop.

I saw this envelope enamel pin on swiss miss and just had to have it.

Isn't it cool? You can find it here.



This is my favorite. It was a much appreciated gift from Carina. 

The LWA patch that started it all. How do you like my flair? I love this cardigan even though it's seen better days. I've written some of my best letters while wearing it :)

8 comments:

  1. I love your flair!
    Having certain outfits or brooches etc for specific tasks adds a certain pomp and ceremony that they deserve, don't you think?
    I have fruit jewellery i wear to pick your own & even wear little toothy earrings to my dentist and he is always delighted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! I only have pins for valentine's day and letter writing. But maybe I can start collecting some more. So sweet :)

      Delete
  2. Your letter sweater is awesome! Love the letter/writing related pins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many cool pins! I have a collection of pins, but none of them are mail-related. This gives me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see yours! Can you share them somwhere? instagram?

      Delete
  4. I love so many things about this--the beginning of a "prized possession" series, the idea of having themed pins on a task-related article of clothing, the pins themselves, and the fact that you have a letter sweater. :)

    In college, I had a "library" outfit I would wear to make going to the library for study/research seem like a romantic errand rather than work. I made sure to wear my glasses and my hair up in a ponytail-bun. :)

    Definitely checking out the sites you mentioned. I have a LWA button (not badge), and it's attached to my LWA pencil pouch. I love the ones you have that are envelope-shaped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! I know that prized possession means ONE thing so I shouldn't refer to multiple things as them, but I couldn't help it. And when I was writing this post, my brother in law wasn't available to consult about a name. Your library outfit sounds trés chic.

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails