Sunday, September 29, 2013

Guest Post No. 30 DIY Wrapping with Kraft Mint

Hello readers at Paper Pastries! It's Ursula from kraft&mint blog {a journal of modern crafts} and today I'm excited to share with you a diy tutorial on how to wrap a cute gift with a few materials.  You will need: one sheet of white paper crepe, two kinds of washi tape, one 12x12 square sheet of pink chevron paper and a couple of pom-poms. Please take a look below for quick instructions.

Inside of the gift

  1. Fill a standard white shoe box with shredded pink and Kraft paper.
  2. Use a berry box and use one of your washi tapes. Tape with washi around the top of the berry box.
  3. Fill your box with your gift(s).

Outside of the gift

  1. First, gather you materials and cut the chevron sheet of paper in half.
  2. Wrap your box with 1 layer of white paper crepe.
  3. Once your box is wrapped, center 1 half of the chevron paper and wrap and tape around the box.
  4. You will cut the other half of chevron paper in 2 again and tape both strips at each vertical end of the box.
  5. Add solid pink washi tape on both sides of the centered chevron paper. Look at step 5. Add another layer of washi tape (washi with grey pattern).
  6. Finally, use bakers twine and a pom-pom at the center of the gift.

Other ideas I tried

These are other ideas I tried and my favorite was "c". Which one is your favorite?


  1. Hello Margaret! Thank you for hosting me today! I enjoy your blog very much and I'm so excited to share my craft with your readers ;)

  2. hello ursula, what a sweet diy! love the finished look!

    1. Thank you Laura! I'm always giddy when I'm about to give a gift ;)

  3. I have so many pretty papers and packaging embellishments, but I am not that talented at putting them all together. I always admire someone who can wrap prettily. :)

    1. Hello Amber! Thank you for reading my post ;) I can relate with what you said above and I think if you start with a solid color or white or Kraft paper and let your imagination go it will be fun! My favorite materials to work with and they are so easy on the eye are Kraft paper and white ink or washi tape ;)



Related Posts with Thumbnails